SLI Group, Inc., founded in 1976, is a fully integrated commercial design build firm. As reputation of our outstanding attention to detail has grown, SLI has broadened its services to include design, construction and remodel of corporate buildings, places of worship, country clubs, restaurants, schools and civic buildings. SLI has over forty years of experience delivering over 2,000 of the finest design build projects in Texas.
SLI’s Architecture and Design Build process begins with preliminary planning. In this phase, we work with you to develop preliminary plans and cost estimates.
Prepare Preliminary Plans
Develop a Scope of Work
Describes generic specifications including:
- Utilities, Site Work, and Drainage
- Building Construction
- Interior Finish-out
- Furnishings and Equipment
Prepare Cost Estimates
A total concept that answers the questions:
- What will it look like?
- How will it be built?
- How much will it cost?
Architecture & Interior Design
During this phase, design development is completed and construction documents are prepared. Upon completion of this phase, a fixed cost is delivered to the owner.
Each Project Team includes a/an:
- Interior Designer
- Construction Manager
- Purchasing Agent
- Procurement Agent
- Superintendent Independent
The Project Team develops the plans by designing to the budget established with the preliminary cost estimate. As construction documents are prepared, the team ensures all code requirements and local ordinances are incorporated into the drawings. Construction assemblies are designed based on current cost trends and in-field applications. SLI’s in-house resource library provides access to state-of-the-art and generic specifications and assemblies
- We take a minimum of three bids in each major category of the work
- We ask for you to provide any related trades or suppliers that you would like to have bid on the project
- We purchase materials direct from the factory guaranteeing the best price while minimizing the risk of underlying subcontractor and supplier liens
- We provide complete bid-to-budget analysis including all FF&E project costs
- We maintain vendor and subcontractor insurance logs At the conclusion of the Part 1 services, you will have a complete bid with no risk of contractor driven change orders
The result is a quality project completed on-time and in-budget!
As a Design Build firm, SLI Group, Inc. is the general contractor and project manager. We build the project, furnish it and move in the owner.
The Project Team members continue to work directly with each other to assure quality throughout the construction process.
The project superintendent, a SLI staff member, is on-site full time during construction. The superintendent is dedicated to one project and does not leave the project until completion.
During the Construction Phase, we provide frequent, routine meetings, reports and scheduling including:
- Interior Designer
- Construction Manager
- FF&E Purchasing Agent
- Construction Procurement Agent
- Independent Engineers
“Quality is not only the end product but also the process itself.”
SLI Group, Inc. is a collection of highly skilled people committed to delivering the finest quality design and construction.
Our staff of licensed architects, interior designers, research analysts, estimators, purchasing agents, bidding coordinators, construction managers, and project superintendents all work together on a daily basis to develop the most cost-effective assemblies. These professionals work together as a project team from the beginning of a project to solve issues through creative design and practical experience. The project team establishes a critical path schedule that allows fast-track performance throughout the planning, design and construction process.
Members of our staff hold licenses and credentials granted by the following boards:
- Texas Board of Architectural Examiners—Registered Architects
- Texas Board of Architectural Examiners—Registered Interior Designers
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification—Certificate Holder
- Association for the Advancement of Cost Estimating—Certified Cost Consultant
- Design-Build Institute of America
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy—Certified Public Accountant
- State Bar of Texas—Licensed Attorney
Our Success Stories
"We appreciate SLI's integrated design and build structure which provides us with just one point of contact throughout the entire process. Most importantly we, have enjoyed our partnership with many talented individuals at SLI who have been instrumental in the vision and development of our school."
“We still are amazed at the beautiful work and atmosphere SLI accomplished in our auditorium. Your timeliness, quality of work and design are excellent. The whole project can be summed up by one of those opposed to design-build."
"This past year we are reminded of those that had special impacts during 2019. The entire SLI team has truly made an impact on Woodforest in a positive way."